The modular hitch base for up to 3 bikes or accessories - 2" receivers only
MHS: Modular Hitch System
The MHS base is offered in multiple sizes. This 2+1 Base is engineered to carry 2 bikes with DUO Trays and 3 bikes when you get the DUO Add-On. It features tilting capabilities for convenient rear of vehicle access with an easy-to-use outboard handle. With its Hitch Tighter System, the rack has a rock-solid hitch connection and it is fully assembled and easy to install on your vehicle. This is the future-proofed hauling solution from Saris that is highly customizable for bike and gear carrying accessories.
• All requirements for compatability/fit as stated in the current Saris vehicle/carrier compatability guide must be followed. (Available at any Saris dealer or www.saris.com). If your vehicle is not listed or you have any questions, please call our customer service at 800-783-7257 or visit www.saris.com.
• Read and follow instructions carefully. Save owner’s manual for future reference or parts information. Ensure that any other users of the bicycle carrier are familiar with their content.
• Drive slowly over speed bumps, 5 to 10 mph max speed.
• It’s the end users responsibility to ensure that use of this product meets all local and state laws.
• When cleaning vehicle and rack, use only water soluble cleaners. Do not take rack through car wash. • Make sure bike tires are not directly behind exhaust pipe.
• Rack must be installed directly into vehicle hitch receiver or into approved Saris accessory. Do not modify the hitch receiver or use hitch extenders.
• Do not mount to any type of trailer or RV including Class B vehicles.
• Prior to usage on the road, remove all loose parts from bicycle, including (but not limited to) child seat, basket, lock, light, pump, etc.
• This carrier is not recommended for off-road use or for use at speed exceeding 70 mph (113 km/h).
• The handling characteristics of a vehicle will change when a rear bicycles carrier is fitted and especially when it is loaded (in particular crosswind sensitivity, handling on bends and braking). Driving techniques should be altered to allow for these changes, reduce speed, especially on bends and allowing for longer braking distances.
• The vehicle’s total length increases when the bike carrier is attached. The bikes themselves may increase the vehicle’s total width and height. Take care when reversing and/or entering garages or ferries, etc.
• Remove carrier from vehicle when not in use.
• Tighten straps regularly during the journey.
• Vehicle should be in good condition in the area at which the hitch is located.
• Do not exceed maximum load capacity of carrier (155 lbs max) Secure properly and adjust for even load distribution, loading the heaviest/biggest bike first and closest to the vehicle.
• Saris absolves itself of responsibility for any personal injuries or consequential damage to property or wealth caused by incorrect fitting or use.
Warning and Disclaimer:
This carrier has been designed to carry bicycles on specific vehicles. Before installation, user must read and follow current Saris Fit Guide (available through Saris dealer) recommendations and enclosed instructions. Fit recommendations are based on vehicle’s standard features; optional features may affect the fit recommendations. User must attach carrier correctly to the vehicle, check its attachment before each use, and inspect carrier parts for wear. Carrier’s attachment to the vehicle is critical and beyond the control of the manufacturer. Manufacturer and seller expressly disclaim any and all liability for personal injury, property damage or loss, whether direct, indirect, or incidental, resulting from the incorrect attachment, improper use, inadequate maintenance, or neglect of this carrier.
OFFICIAL WARRANTY TERMS
Saris Cycling Group, Inc (SCG), parent company of Saris Racks, warrants our product to the original consumer to be free from defects in materials and workmanship. Please retain your sales slip for your records, as proof of purchase will be required. WARRANTY TERM Note: No damage to mounting surfaces is covered. Any product or part thereof found to be defective within the term as set forth above will be replaced without charge provided that: (1) its failure resulted from a defect in material or workmanship and not from normal wear and tear expected in the use of the product; (2) the product was not misused, improperly assembled, improperly maintained or damaged by accident; (3) there was no failure to follow instructions or warnings in Owner’s Manual; (4) no alterations or modifications were made; and (5) the product or part is delivered, freight prepaid, to Saris Cycling Group or an authorized service center. Please call 1-800-783-7257 to obtain return authorization prior to return. SCG reserves the right to inspect any product before issuing a replacement. SCG’s only obligation shall be to replace such products or parts that it determines are defective. LIMITATIONS The foregoing warranties are in lieu of and exclude all other warranties not expressly set forth herein, whether expressed or implied by operation of law or otherwise. Other than as set forth above, SCG makes no warranty, whether express, implied or statutory, with respect to any product, including, but not limited to, warranties of reliability, merchantability fitness for a particular purpose, or those arising from any course of performance, dealing, usage or trade. SCG shall not be liable for incidental or consequential losses, damages or expenses in connection with its products. SCG’s liability hereunder is expressly limited to the replacement of goods not complying with this warranty or, at SCG’s election, to the repayment of an amount of the purchase price of the product in question. Some states do not permit the exclusion or limitation of implied warranties or incidental or consequential damages, so the preceding limitations and exclusions may not apply to you.
• If consumer does not heed cautions listed in Instruction Manual, damage is not covered under warranty
• Impact/collision damage is not covered under warranty
• Cradles and strap damage due to improper arm placement are not covered under warranty
• Carrying anything other than a bicycle is not covered under warranty • Rust is wear and tear and is preventable with rack maintenance
• Weather impact (UV, salt air/water)
RECOMMENDED RACK MAINTENANCE Each use:
• Check for loose bolts Every 90 days actions
• Clean with water and mild soap
• Lubricate locks if applicable (use wet, oil based lubricant; NO WD-40)
• Grease hitch bolt threads
• Check for scratches in paint